As a child, I remember coming home from school to a house that smelled amazing. My mother was always baking something. Usually homemade bread. It didn’t matter what kind it was. To me, it was like my very own special welcome home surprise – every day. My friends used to make excuses to come over – her baking is THAT good. When I got to college, every so often a package would arrive with delicious banana bread inside. I was the envy of the dorm. A slice of home never tasted so good!
1/3 liquified cup coconut oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
3 bananas, mashed (about 1 3/4 cups)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups GF flour
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Cream together oil, agave nectar and eggs. When light and fluffy, add the bananas, cinnamon, cloves and guar gum. Blend until bananas are incorporated.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and xanthan gum. Slowly add this to the wet ingredients until smooth. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Pour into loaf pan that has been oiled and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center clean.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
- Try not to slice until completely cooled. Keep refrigerated. For best taste, slice right out of the fridge.